Alterra Mountain Company
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure.
Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces:
- Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California
- Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia
- Tremblant in Quebec
- Blue Mountain in Ontario
- Crystal Mountain in Washington
- Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah
- CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia.
Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service centre in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honours each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
The Ikon Pass is the new standard in season passes, connecting the most iconic mountains across North America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Chile, delivering authentic, memorable snow adventures. Brought to you by Alterra Mountain Company, the Ikon Pass unlocks access to a community of diverse destinations to ski and ride.
- Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, and Eldora Mountain Resort in Colorado.
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming.
- Big Sky Resort in Montana.
- Stratton, Killington and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont.
- Snowshoe in West Virginia.
- Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain in Michigan.
- Crystal Mountain and The Summit at Snoqualmie in Washington.
- Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario, SkiBig3 in Alberta, Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Cypress Mountain in British Columbia, Canada.
- Sunday River and Sugarloaf in Maine.
- Loon Mountain in New Hampshire.
- Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico.
- Deer Valley Resort, Solitude Mountain Resort, Brighton Resort, Alta Ski Area, and Snowbird in Utah.
- Zermatt in Switzerland.
- Thredbo and Mt Buller in Australia.
- Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt in New Zealand.
- Niseko United in Japan.
- Valle Nevado in Chile.
Check out our FAQ page with all the info!